Festival of Teaching
The University of Alberta’s annual Festival of Teaching is a year-round celebration of excellence and innovation in teaching. Our goals are:
- to open multiple avenues for the U of A community to engage in a broad exploration and discussion of teaching and pedagogical methods, and
- to work in partnership with groups and units across campus to create and augment stimulating events with a pedagogical focus.
This year's festival examines the question of sustainable teaching and learning.
Upcoming FoT Event:
May 1, 2014 | 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. | Edmonton Clinic Health Academy (ECHA) 2-490
- Anne Boerger, Campus Saint-Jean
- Catherine Clune-Taylor, Philosophy
- Robyn Fowler, English and Film Studies
- Glen Hvenegaard, Augustana, Geography and Environmental Studies
- Suzanne Kresta, Chemical and Materials Engineering
- Charles Lucy, Chemistry
- Brian Maraj, Physical Education and Recreation
- Jonathan White, Surgery
Spend a fun evening discovering innovative ways to reinvigorate your classroom. Eight award-winning instructors will have 5 minutes each to show you how they put the spark into their teaching.
Light refreshments will be provided immediately following the event (starting at 8:45 p.m.).
Everyone is welcome to attend. This event is free but we ask that you please register.